Ghost of General Lee COMPLETED!!

Not building a 1:1 scale yet? This might be for you.

Moderators: Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane, Dale and Kitt, confede

Ghost of General Lee COMPLETED!!

Postby crash_master_models » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:49 pm

I am working on the Ghost Of General Lee. I finally got it to glow in the dark!!!! I will have it ready for pics to be taken this weekend. I will put them on here, both in the light and in the dark. I think it is going to be ghostly. LOL :D
Last edited by crash_master_models on Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shawn crashmaster
crash_master_models

Re: Ghost of General Lee COMING SOON!!!!

Postby JTS01 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:04 pm

Looking forward to seeing it.
For things to change, YOU have to change. For things to get better, YOU have to get better.
JTS01

Postby M0ParManJimF » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:46 pm

JTS01 wrote:Looking forward to seeing it.

I'll 2nd that. 8)
Model car auction site "emodelcars.com" where u DON'T need paypal to pay 4 your stuff only. That site u can accept other forms of payment & can also state it in the item description as well! So check it out & past word along!
M0ParManJimF

Postby Ol' Crazy Cody » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:00 pm

I'll 3rd that 8) :D
Boss-"Rosco..If you were the only man running, you'd come in second."
Ol' Crazy Cody

Postby rdgracer71 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:17 am

well if its a ghost, how we gonna see it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :wink:
Theres gonna be some happy fish in that creek....
rdgracer71

Postby Redbone » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:33 pm

Well, it's actually "one of them spook talkin mediums"; You can see those. :lol:
"POLICEWORK IS MY LIFE"
Redbone

Re: Ghost of General Lee **PICS**

Postby crash_master_models » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:08 pm

crash_master_models wrote:I am working on the Ghost Of General Lee. I finally got it to glow in the dark!!!! I will have it ready for pics to be taken this weekend. I will put them on here, both in the light and in the dark. I think it is going to be ghostly. LOL :D

Ok I have it done but I can't seem to get my camera to take a picture of it in the dark!! It really sucks because it looks awesome. Any suggestions?
100_4398.JPG
After painted.
100_4398.JPG (43.41 KiB) Viewed 1430 times
100_4408.JPG
Put together
100_4408.JPG (43.66 KiB) Viewed 1430 times
100_4410.JPG
100_4410.JPG (36.94 KiB) Viewed 1430 times
Shawn crashmaster
crash_master_models

Postby M0ParManJimF » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:24 pm

I knew you was going to do have that same issue with the dark version of the photos as I also had that issue with mine LOL.

Plus also bud, you ask for suggestions? the car was white not orange :lol:
Model car auction site "emodelcars.com" where u DON'T need paypal to pay 4 your stuff only. That site u can accept other forms of payment & can also state it in the item description as well! So check it out & past word along!
M0ParManJimF

Postby crash_master_models » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:47 pm

M0ParManJimF wrote:I knew you was going to do have that same issue with the dark version of the photos as I also had that issue with mine LOL.

Well that would be easy. The pigment in the paint is white with a green / yellow glow. It glows great, but I was going for the orange glow. If the car was white then that would make things alot easier. Do you happen to have any pics of the original car? I couldn't tell that from watching the eisode. And the suggestions I was refering to was how to get the car to show up glowing in the dark. But thanks.
Shawn crashmaster
crash_master_models

Postby M0ParManJimF » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:20 pm

crash_master_models wrote:
M0ParManJimF wrote:I knew you was going to do have that same issue with the dark version of the photos as I also had that issue with mine LOL.

Well that would be easy. The pigment in the paint is white with a green / yellow glow. It glows great, but I was going for the orange glow. If the car was white then that would make things alot easier. Do you happen to have any pics of the original car? I couldn't tell that from watching the eisode. And the suggestions I was refering to was how to get the car to show up glowing in the dark. But thanks.

I'll see if I can located one photo of the original car. I had the photo saved on my other pc that crapped the bed. The orange tint you talk about seeing in the episode is or well was edited in effect. The car in the shots was white. When they swing the doors open, you can see the orange General Lee as he starts to back out and you can see the differents. When people builds the Ghost version they always makes that mistake like you did bud and go with the orange color and not the white LOL. I almost did to when I did my build a year back but I watch the episode and paided close attention to the the car it self in the darkness and then was online and did some looking up on afew General Lee sites and came across the photo of the real car and it was also indeed white with a chest nut color interior. I'll do some digging here to see if I can refind that photo for ya bud.
M0ParManJimF

Postby wekke » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:31 pm

For the picture taking in the dark: You need to program a longer shutter opening time. Try 1 or 2 seconds, maybe needs even longer.
NO flash, of course.

And the camera must NOT move at all. Place it on a surface or tripod and don't touch it. Even pushing the picture button will cause too much movement, so you'll have to use the timer delay function. Otherwise it'll turn out fuzzy. Most cameras have a 10 second delay feature so you can get in pictures yourself. Some also have a short 2-second delay function just for stuff like this.

You'll have to experiment with the shutter opening times to see which give the best result.
Night rent-a-cop at the drive-in deli on Frontage Road
wekke

Postby M0ParManJimF » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:43 pm

Here is the photo bud.
M0ParManJimF

Postby crash_master_models » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:29 am

M0ParManJimF wrote:Here is the photo bud.

Thanks man. Do you have any good pictures of the many different trucks that Uncle Jessie dorve in the series? Or know of anywhere to get them. And are you familiar with House of Kolors paints? They are offering a wide variety of the glow in the dark colors now for models. If not let me know and I can help you out if you need it.
Shawn crashmaster
crash_master_models

Postby tvandmoviecars » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:54 am

crash_master_models wrote:
Thanks man. Do you have any good pictures of the many different trucks that Uncle Jessie dorve in the series? Or know of anywhere to get them. .

http://public.fotki.com/tvandmoviecars/ ... /episodes/
tvandmoviecars

Postby revshag » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:09 pm

crash_master_models wrote:Do you have any good pictures of the many different trucks that Uncle Jessie dorve in the series? Or know of anywhere to get them.

Your best bet for Jesse's pickup is the Model King 79 Ford f-350 (it's a limited release of the amt/ertl kit). There's a seller on eBay (Blue Oval Resin) who sells the grill to convert the kit to a 73-75 model. The Model King kit is hard to find now (as are all releases of this kit), but while the instructions show how to build it as a 4X4 the parts are there to build it as a rear wheel drive. Also, there's a ton of chrome trim to take of the body. I've been working on a build of Jesse's truck for a little while. Hope that helps.

Chris
For 200 years the Duke Family had the whiskey craft, and the government took that away from us. Then we had the land, and the Depression took that. Now all the Duke Family has left is what it started with and that’s family.
revshag

Next

Return to Scale Models, Diecasts, RC Cars, and Toys