What is the story behind Bo, Luke and Daisy's Parents?

Information trading post on all things related to "Dukes of Hazzard" the TV show!

Moderators: Dale and Kitt, confede

What is the story behind Bo, Luke and Daisy's Parents?

Postby bodukerules » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:59 am

Does anyone know what happened to Bo, Luke, and Daisy's parents :?: I have heard rumors that they were all killed in a car wreck but they were all cousins so obviously all had seperate parents so what are the chances of all of them being killed in car wrecks :? Maybe it was the same wreck :? Excuse my ignorance here but I've always been courious...Also I guess it was obvious that all of their fathers were brothers since all of their last names were Duke :?: :?:
bodukerules

Postby blackcharger01 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:39 pm

I honestly don't think you are the only one to wonder this. If you really think about it Uncle Jesse had to have six brothers...reason being this...Bo, Luke, Daisy, Coy, Vance, and Jeb Stuart Duke ALL were cousins and all had the last name Duke so that means they came from the men of the family BUT all of them had different parents since they were all cousins and none of them were brother and sisters. Yea I know I have too much time on my hands..... :D
blackcharger01

Postby WakkoGL » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:42 pm

They coulda been second cousins or even third cousins and retained the same last name. The story with what happened to the parents and how they all got put at Jesse's place has a couple contradictions in the series...something about their ages being so different, I think.
WakkoGL

Postby Dale The Bold » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:51 pm

It was an interview with Gy Waldron where that car accident story comes from. The story he told was that Bo, Luke, and Daisy's parents were all moonshine runners and were all killed in the same accident while running shine (must have been a horrendous crash). This does not account for Coy and Vance who may have lost their parents in another way.
Dale The Bold

Postby WakkoGL » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:06 pm

Did anything have to happen to C/V parents'? I thought they came to help out Jesse, not due to family emergency. I haven't see that season yet though, so I could easily be wrong.
WakkoGL

Postby Dale The Bold » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:37 pm

WakkoGL wrote:Did anything have to happen to C/V parents'? I thought they came to help out Jesse, not due to family emergency. I haven't see that season yet though, so I could easily be wrong.

Clones are made in a laboratory, so they have no parents.

They really never addressed the history of Coy and Vance. They had a very plausible story until they had to conjure those two characters. They play it up as though they are back in Hazzard, implying that Coy and Vance grew up there, and moved away. Which really complicates things.
Dale The Bold

Postby blackcharger01 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:58 pm

Dale The Bold wrote:Clones are made in a laboratory, so they have no parents.

:lol: I almost fell ottta my chair!!! TOO FUNNY!!!!
blackcharger01

Postby tvandmoviecars » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:28 pm

I dont think they ever said Coy & Vance's parents died..

and regarding Lukes parents.... gotta wonder about that... as in one of the GA episodes Lukes says "Gee, my parents think I'm kinda cute" or something like that.... I beleive it was "High Octane" when the revenuer screamed when she seen him in the woods.

wondering if they sorta try to explain it in the new movie.. seeing as it deals with them as teens.... they will either explain it... or totally screw everything up and make up a new version of the past...
tvandmoviecars

Postby MetallicA » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:36 pm

don i think he actualy said "gee...folks think im kinda cute" am i right?
MetallicA

Postby tvandmoviecars » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:34 pm

MetallicA wrote:don i think he actualy said "gee...folks think im kinda cute" am i right?

sure sounded like MY folks....
tvandmoviecars

Postby BORDERBUM » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:51 pm

tvandmoviecars wrote:
MetallicA wrote:don i think he actualy said "gee...folks think im kinda cute" am i right?

Don, your folks lied, I hate to have to tell you that!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SOGL= Stunt Optioned General Lee
BORDERBUM

Postby WakkoGL » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:29 pm

Ha ha ha....ZING.
WakkoGL

Postby tvandmoviecars » Mon May 01, 2006 8:54 pm

BORDERBUM wrote:
tvandmoviecars wrote:

Don, your folks lied, I hate to have to tell you that!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was clarifying the statement made by Luke...
but.. my folks DO think I am adorable!!! Or at least. they did when I was a kid!<LOL>
tvandmoviecars

Postby Miked » Tue May 02, 2006 10:57 pm

I think they started off the series just saying the parents were non-specifically "out of the picture" and then only later did they try to create more of a sensible back-story.

We should be glad they left so many holes. It really leaves some doors open for future activity in the DOH franchise that doesn't have to suck.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as I'm concerned, Vance & Coy don't really bear thinking about.

IMHO the actors deserve some respect/thanks from the DOH fans for doing a thankless job as well as the studio would let them. But I don't think it's really worth trying to fit those two characters into the "real" series continuity.
You could end up with a fairly plausible back-story for the whole existing clan as the series began. But trying to cram in ANOTHER set of orphaned cousins & missing parents . . . it really breaks the camel's back.

I mean, I think Cletus Hogg was a good character that deserves to be "canonized." He was not just a clone of Enos and he had really earned his place in the series by the time Sonny Shroyer returned in 1982.

But not Vance & Coy.
Let's face it: Vance & Coy were a set of transparent clones that were tacked-on under great duress in mid-series by the studio. They had nothing to do with Gy Waldron or any of the DOH's roots. V/C brought nothing new to the series and created major problems with the existing back-story in the process.

Miked

Postby MetallicA » Wed May 03, 2006 8:18 pm

WakkoGL wrote:Ha ha ha....ZING.
this made me laugh :D same with remys comment :D
MetallicA

Next

Return to 79-85: The Series