The Real Ectomobile as she sits now.

Moderators: Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane, Dale and Kitt, confede

The Real Ectomobile as she sits now.

Postby Banditt Raccoon » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:13 am

I did some detective work on the net, and this is what I found, Ectomobile 2 (Ecto-1A) pics to come soon

Banditt Raccoon

Postby Johnny Charger » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:25 pm

I want to hear the siren :idea: :wink: :lol: .
Johnny Charger

Postby M0ParManJimF » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:31 pm

Johnny Charger wrote:I want to hear the siren :idea: :wink: :lol: .

I don't see any ghosts around it. :lol:

Sorry, couldn't help my self there! :lol:

Jim
M0ParManJimF

Postby dkuttner » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:38 pm

Who owns that car.

Looks likes jay Linos garage, espicaly with the fire truck in the back.

D:
dkuttner

Postby Ben Duke » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:10 pm

i dont know if that is Jay Leno's garage or not but Jay sure does have alot of toys. I wouldnt doubt it that he does own the ghost busters car. I know he has the new night rider mustang. remote controlled car. 8)
Ben Duke

Postby Sick Dawg » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:41 pm

That isn’t Jay’s fire truck, his is a mini pumper converted into a bike hauler. It has a flat bed on it.
Sick Dawg

Postby Sick Dawg » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:54 pm

Check this out! They have a cool video too. 8)

http://jalopnik.com/358822/who-you-gonn ... the-ecto+1
Sick Dawg

Postby DoitToit » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:59 pm

Where is the lightbar at? I remember the Kenner Ecto-1 GhostBusters car. It had a blue lightbar on top, and some kind of winch inside the back of the car..it was for something, i forget now.

~Ben
DoitToit

Postby Dale The Bold » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:37 am

Ask, and you shall receive. The famous donkey-in-heat siren, it's the best.

I want that car soooo much!

dkuttner wrote:Who owns that car.

If that is the real one, which it looks like it is, it is owned by Columbia Pictures/Sony. I kind of wish Dan Aykroyd had gotten his hands on one of the movie-used cars because the concept for the film was his, he's the heart of the Ghostbusters, and he is a car guy.

You can see the Ecto 1A in the background, too. That one was the black car in the first movie. It stayed in that condition for five years, at which point they bought it and re-painted it for the sequel. They rented that car for the first film. If only I had stepped in and bought that car from the rental shop in New York back then. I would have, but I didn't know about that, plus I was 9 when the first film came out and could hardly afford the toy one from the cartoon.

For the record, that winch was only for the toy. Never saw it on the show (or the movies, of course), but it gave the toy another thing to do, and a reason to include a ghost figure with the car.
Dale The Bold

Postby M0ParManJimF » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:57 am

Thats a classic car with a Classic movie also! Two in one!

Jim
Model car auction site "emodelcars.com" where u DON'T need paypal to pay 4 your stuff only. That site u can accept other forms of payment & can also state it in the item description as well! So check it out & past word along!
M0ParManJimF

Postby tvandmoviecars » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:35 am

Cool car.. but for a boat that big... as far as gas mileage. is it miles per gallon........ or gallons per mile!?<LOL>
tvandmoviecars

Postby Dale The Bold » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:26 am

Worrying about gas mileage with a car like that is like worrying about guys hitting on your supermodel girlfriend. Sometimes the little things pale in comparison to the benefits so much, that you completely forget about the drawbacks.

I read a story of a guy who got his hands on a 1959 Cadillac Miller Meteor Ambulance and built a replica Ectomobile. He says it is amazing how fast it is. They built those cars to boogie.
Dale The Bold

Postby Nirvana_Generallee » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:24 am

I wonder if it was the same guy that brought his Ecto-1 to Little Rock this past year. It was gorgeous. He has a "letter" from Universal I think, stating that his car is the only replica licensed to be used as a promo car.

He forgot the proton packs at home :roll:
Nirvana_Generallee

Postby Banditt Raccoon » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:49 am

Dale The Bold wrote:

Ask, and you shall receive. The famous donkey-in-heat siren, it's the best.

I want that car soooo much!

dkuttner wrote:Who owns that car.

If that is the real one, which it looks like it is, it is owned by Columbia Pictures/Sony. I kind of wish Dan Aykroyd had gotten his hands on one of the movie-used cars because the concept for the film was his, he's the heart of the Ghostbusters, and he is a car guy.

You can see the Ecto 1A in the background, too. That one was the black car in the first movie. It stayed in that condition for five years, at which point they bought it and re-painted it for the sequel. They rented that car for the first film. If only I had stepped in and bought that car from the rental shop in New York back then. I would have, but I didn't know about that, plus I was 9 when the first film came out and could hardly afford the toy one from the cartoon.

For the record, that winch was only for the toy. Never saw it on the show (or the movies, of course), but it gave the toy another thing to do, and a reason to include a ghost figure with the car.

if I remember correctly, those 2 cars weren't as lucky as those 17 General Lees, which sit with private owners who protect those cars and preserve them in their screen used (or when they got them) condition, Dan Ackroyd did try to buy the ectomobiles,(source Ghostbusters DVD Commentary) and Sony rejected the idea (source website), and also, he does have emergency vehicles in his collection (source GB DVD commentary)
Banditt Raccoon

Postby K.c » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:59 pm

Hey

Cinema Vehicle Services (CVS) in Los Angeles is handling the restorartions i believe .

K.c
"Lets put another shrimp on the barbie , thats what they say there " " Its My Time "
K.c

Next

Return to Off Topic