Lets take the next Dukes Fest back to Bristol!

All things Dukesfest - past and present!

Lets take the next Dukes Fest back to Bristol!

Postby chevyduke » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:26 pm

Hey Y'all,

I've attended Dukes Fest from the first one in Sperryville till 06' in Nashville. To me and hopefully some of you.. I think that Bristol was the best! It has a great infield for stunts, band area, enclosed tent area for actors to sign, great track especially when we all talked on the cb in 05! Also Johnson City is nearby for hotels and restauants, plus the Golden Corral for a charity dinner. Let me know what you think.. hopefully we'll be there in 2010!
chevyduke

Postby generallee01 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:49 pm

Nasville or Bristol either one of those would make me happy..I rather be at bristol to have that more southern down home feel.
Dukes Of Hazzard 2005 "Background Movie Star"-----------(Hazzard County Sheriff)
generallee01

Postby Kflash69 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:09 am

Agree :D
Kflash69

Postby Johnny Charger » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:38 pm

I agree about Bristol. But a BETTER idea would be to take it back to Sperryville :idea: :idea: :wink: :!: Sperryville has the 'down home country feeling of Hazzard' 8) :wink: , PLUS it's only 8 hours away for me :wink: :lol: .
Johnny Charger

Postby Nirvana_Generallee » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:33 pm

Johnny Charger wrote:I agree about Bristol. But a BETTER idea would be to take it back to Sperryville :idea: :idea: :wink: :!: Sperryville has the 'down home country feeling of Hazzard' 8) :wink: , PLUS it's only 8 hours away for me :wink: :lol: .

No, it really wouldnt be a better idea. Cooter does not have a store there, he wont open another one there, and have you really looked around Sperryville? Theres nothing there.

Bristol or Nashville gets my vote, both have their differences, but both are both cool in their own ways. 1 may have more or better of something that the other lacks,......and vice versa.
Nirvana_Generallee

Postby John's No 1 fan » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:16 pm

I like Nashville. I know that many of you like the small events but let's face it small events mean small crowds and small crowds mean less money brought in. Unless there is a profit there will be no event. As for the official DukesFest I think it is a thing of the past. I don't look for another DukesFest anywhere.

Phyllis
John's No 1 fan
2013 CGLFC Board Supporter

Postby tvandmoviecars » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:48 pm

bristol and nashville both have pros and cons...
I know for ME, it is easier to get to NASHVILLE then Bristol... and hotels are easier to get, and more choices, and if I recall.. closer to the track... but the VENUE was better in Bristol...
Phyllis. yes, bigger event and venue means more $$, but also means a LOT more cost! I can bet having it last year at AMS was BIG $$$, versus the Nashville venue, and probably Bristol was cheaper then AMS also.... but have to admit... fans were treated like royalty by the bristol staff... with the courtesy Golf Carts taking you up to the track and drag strip, huge port a potty trailers, misting machine, etc...
tvandmoviecars

Postby John's No 1 fan » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:06 am

Don, AMS is too big of a venue. You don't need that. I believe Nashville is a nice size venue and is more centrally located. I've heard so many people who said they would have gone to DukesFest08 if it had been in Nashville instead of Atlanta. I really believe Nashville is the place to have the event. As for the courtesy golf carts you are talking about, they would have to be paid for by the organizers of the event.

Phyllis
John's No 1 fan

Postby traveler » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:36 am

A LOCATION LIKE SPERRYVILLE WOULD BE GREAT ! IT NEEDS TO BE IN A SMALLER PLACE NOW THAT LESS PEOPLE ATTEND ! TOO BAD COOTERS IS NOT IN SPERRYVILLE ANYMORE, THAT PLACE WAS PERFECT FOR SMALLER EVENTS !
''BORN AND RAISED ON MOPAR POWER'' ..... PAINTING THE WORLD ORANGE, ONE CAR AT A TIME !
traveler

Postby duster7071 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:01 am

Johnny Charger wrote:I agree about Bristol. But a BETTER idea would be to take it back to Sperryville :idea: :idea: :wink: :!: Sperryville has the 'down home country feeling of Hazzard' 8) :wink: , PLUS it's only 8 hours away for me :wink: :lol: .

yeah, lets do that so you can make an event beings it's closer to you ! :roll: :lol: ,, you have got to be kidding, crazy mountains to pull for many just to get there, middle of nowhere, no access to stuff should you have a car problem, the place has been sold to boot !

'small' type gatherings could work at other venues, but these folks need to make $$ so you need stuff to do to bring people in.

sorry, but this has been covered a few times before :lol:

P.S.I. EVENT, closest to the way it was, sure hated missing that one. :?

speaking of bristol, more info on a little something coming up shortly :lol: 8)
Last edited by duster7071 on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
are we having fun yet ?

ImageImage
duster7071

Postby SUNNYD48 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:51 am

i would just be happy to attend another dukesfest, no matter where it is.. like duster said, all the mountains to pull a car & trailer on & lord help if it breaks down..
quote " fans were treated like royalty by the bristol staff... with the courtesy Golf Carts taking you up to the track and drag strip, huge port a potty trailers, misting machine, etc..." like phyllis said, all that was NOT free-somebody had to pay for it...

i have only been to dukesfest 08 and PSI, so i can not comment on how large or small the venues & events were.. but like Don (and he wasnt even there) & so many others have said on other topics--"P.S.I. EVENT, closest to the way it was" -- you couldnt ask for anything of a more "personal level" than what we experienced at PSI. priceless, i can not say it enough..
sure, the stands were not anywhere near full, but most people that were there were on the infield, right there in the action with tom and the stunt team & stars...no fences to watch thru, and very very close to the stunts in process.. when jamie jumped at the end, & crushed the jeep, the stunt guys were giving kids small pieces and parts off the jeep--one even got a fully intact small dreamcatcher!

think about this one too--would dukesfest be the same without a general lee jump & Tom Sarmento ? i dont think so.. Thanks again Tom !
carol
YEEE-HAAW !!It's 5 o'clock somewhere!!
SUNNYD48

Postby TAZZ4U » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:05 am

Nicely put miss carol, It's just amazing how much the cast and stunt team put into an event, If and when Tom and wayne put a event together I will do my best to show supprt and not compain about the price.

People should relize these events cost $$$

track... Min $6000

Ins.......Min $5000

cast MIn $1000 each

Hotel rooms for cast $59-90 a night each

stunt cars $1000 min

Thats just a guess folks They put a lot of time and swet to each event for all of us to enjoy. I know several of you have sent Tom many thanks but still there are over a 1000 of you out there, Maybe you show the man a lil love he might try to have another show to say thanks to you all for being Hazzard fans. It takes a whole 5 mins to say thanks,,, sorry I'm just rambling again...
TAZZ4U

Postby John's No 1 fan » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:53 pm

Thanks, Gary. I know you're referring to the thank you letters I'm collecting to send to Tom. I have 24 letters now and 2 others are going to be sent to me by tomorrow. I'm thankful to those 26 people who took the time to type a letter and email or PM to me so I could put them together in a binder for Tom. There are a lot more than 26 of us though who post on a regular or semi-regular basis on here. I really think there should be more than 26 letters (and not all of them are from members of this board). For example, of the 11 different people who have posted on THIS thread, including myself, I have letters from 4 people. I guess I'm rambling too.

Phyllis
John's No 1 fan

Postby junknbob » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:17 am

I like to say the southern states don't only appreciate the Dukes of Hazzard. I'm set up this weekend at O'Reilly Raceway park for Recruiting for the Military. I have the cars there for the racing events leading up to the Brickyard 400. The crowd is tremendous around the General and the Cop car during last several days, I have to go out there tonite with the cars. I have travel many miles to events, I like the O'Reilly Race track, not a large track, but there is alot to do around Indianapolis, I love see it on Indy 500 track that would be one to remember but the cost would not.

Overall I have fun at all of the events hanging out with good people and friends and just having fun. I will post some pictures of it.
junknbob

Postby traveler » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:17 pm

....WHEN WE CAME BACK TO NJ FROM TN. WE TOWED THE ROSCO CAR ON A OPEN TRAILER, THE WHOLE WAY BACK PEOPLE WERE TAKIN CELL PHONE PICS OF IT, :) ,IT WAS NUTSO , THAT IS TILL WE GOT TO JERSEY... :( ... :( THE SOUTH STILL LOVES THE DUKES ! :D :D :D
Last edited by traveler on Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''BORN AND RAISED ON MOPAR POWER'' ..... PAINTING THE WORLD ORANGE, ONE CAR AT A TIME !
traveler

Next

Return to Dukesfest